Sunday, September 30, 2012

Selling the teardrop Kit camper...regrets

Farewell, teardrop: With the new Scotty as our latest project, decided it was time to sell our cute teardrop (which had been residing in our garage), a retro Kit camper that we bought five years ago.  Advertised in Craig's List, and promptly received calls from as far away as San Diego and Tacoma, WA!  Guess these little teardrops, built well, are hard to find.  A woman from the Petaluma, CA area, buying for a friend, called and I told her I would hold it until Labor Day for her; then a fellow called and offered me $500 over our asking price.  Had to turn him down.  On Labor Day, our little teardrop was hauled away, to a new owner in S. CA (same place that it was built, in 2004; sold for same price we paid for it five years ago).  One thing I know, I will have to add a bike carrier receiver, to the new Scotty, as we had done with the Kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment